Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Ocean's 11

This year the Flower troupe is playing Ocean's 11, which was already played by the Star troupe in 2011/2012.
I went to watch it with some friends on February 17th. Honestly, I wasn't sure whether to go or not at first, since Ranju Tomu is not among my favourites, but then I decided that it was worth giving it a shot.

At first the plan was to buy standing tickets, but since they had not sold out all the seating tickets we could not do that. So we ended up buying B seats with a discount, which on one side was good, and besides, that's also a new experience.

I actually enjoyed the show very much. It was extremely funny and the songs were catchy.
I had never seen any show played by the current Flower troupe and I was impressed by some of the actresses.
I still don't particularly like Ranju Tomu, for some reason, but I was pleasantly surprised by Nozomi Futo, towards whom I felt an instinctive dislike but turned out to be an excellent actress. I don't particularly like her features, but her singing is high class and she played her role extremely well.
I also liked Harukaze Misato, Seto Kazuya and Taiga Rin (though she only played a small part, but I loved her voice!).
Overall, I think that most of them were excellent.
However, I was rather disappointed in Hanagata Hikaru: I felt that her singing wasn't very accurate and her voice wasn't powerful at all. I am no expert, though, so maybe that's just how I feel about it.
Ranno Hana is an excellent performer with a great voice, though she doesn't do as good as I expected in the high notes.

At any rate, it was a really enjoyable show and we all laughed like crazy. I'm glad I decided to give it a shot!

We also went to the Petit Museum, in which this time they had the Saint Exupéry / Conga! exhibition.
Unfortunately I haven't seen that show, but after seeing the costumes for Saint Exupéry I definitely want to watch it. The Little Prince costume is the cutest thing ever!
I don't feel as enthusiastic about Conga!, though. I have only seen some bits and pieces while at the Petit Museum, but I thought that the costumes were too over the top and the music... well, just not very appealing.
The museum was fun and we got to play around with some props. I think it is really worth it to go to the museum every time they get a new show. Seeing the costumes is always a great experience.

It was a great day all in all, and I can't wait  for the next show!

























No comments:

Post a Comment