Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 April 2012

"I want to become a Takarasienne!"

No matter how much I would love to become a Takarasienne, I am perfectly aware that it's impossible to me, so obviously this entry  is not about my dreams and aspirations.

While aimlessly browsing through youtube, I have found a very interesting documentary called "I want to become a Takarasienne!".
As you might imagine, this documentary is about some girls who train for the entrance exam of the Takarazuka Music School and follows their story until after the results are announced.
Only girls who are 15 to 18 years old can enter the school. Each year about 1000 people apply, but only 40 to 50 are actually accepted.
It is really interesting to see how hard these girls work in order to pass the exam. You can really tell how passionate they are.

Unfortunately, there are no English subtitles, but if you know at least some Japanese it's not difficult to understand.
Even if you don't understand Japanese at all, I think that it can still be interesting to watch it - I'm sure you can grasp quite a few things with images alone.
If you need some help to understand parts of it, I would be glad to help, you just need to ask! :D

The documentary has been uploaded in six parts, you can find the first one here.

Enjoy!

Picture taken from the Asahi Shinbun, article announcing the results of the admission exam for this year

No comments:

Post a Comment